The final event of the FishMPABlue2 project, 1-2 October 2019 in Rome.
The FishMPABlue2 project final event will take place at the premises of the Secretariat of the highest policy-making body dealing with fisheries for the Mediterranean region: the General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean. See the provisional agenda.
The event will:
- Share the main outcomes/achievements of the project with the relevant stakeholders (mainly MPA managers)
- Promote further discussion on policy recommendations
- Discuss needs gaps and potential future collaboration and fundraising opportunities.
There will be plenary sessions and parallel short workshops to allow the presentation of project results, contributions from important policy makers, discussion and issuing of proposals for future common actions.
Three think tanks (short parallel workshops) each with a different theme, will address key topics related to the FishMPABlue2 Project results:
1) management solutions (the Governance Toolkit) for SSF main challenges;
2) assessing ecological and socio-economic outcomes of MPAs for small-scale fisheries (here the results from the 11 pilot MPAs);
3) governing SSF at national and local level within/around MPAs (project recommendations to be finalised during the final event itself).
The event will target policy makers in particular, as the next main objective is to improve public policies for Mediterranean MPAs and small-scale fisheries.
The event will culminate in an innovative photo exhibition, Citizens of the Sea, to be held in the Museo di Roma in Trastevere. More information here.